Tuesday, July 2, 2013

No joking around.....

.....when the Dr's hand is inside your body!  I went to see the surgeon that is going to do the next surgery yesterday and she decided to do an exam to see if she could "feel" this new tumor - needless to say this was NOT a fun exam but, being ME  I had to crack a joke along the lines of " my husband is going to be so jealous, I don't even let him do that"..... She started to CRACK UP, while her hand was still firmly planted where the sun don't shine- ouch - ohhhhhh the joy! 

Anyway- the surgery is going to be this coming Monday and I will begin radiation shortly after that. 

This weekend was also my first Relay for Life event. It was awesome and emotional but, mostly just plain fun! It was great to stay up all night with some of my best friends and laugh hysterically. It's funny that the first time since all of this started I actually forgot (for a minute or two) that I had cancer and it was at a cancer event but, it's true -I DID! It was completely surreal to see my face on the jumbo-tron and see all of these luminaries in my honor. These are things I always did for others not the other way around.  Of course, we had the biggest team of all with over 25 people coming and going in my "I dream of a cure" shirts! We also won a bowling party for having the most spirited walkers and I think we had at least a few people in costume for every theme lap. For our very first team with hardly 2 months notice we earned 3k for Relay! My friends and family were amazing and I'm so honored to have been a part of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment